Tarot Monsters - week 3

So far this week I've completed the menu, most of the work was making the artwork and character selection menu. The latter being the longest part. Everything is fully functional and doesn’t look half bad if you ask me. I decided to cut the help menu, as it was never very informative in the first place. I may add it back in later if I have time. 

The basic gameplay is all still working, but I need to change how the players path is stored to make it more efficient as well as add in PVP. I’ve slowed down a little bit this past week to work on some more time sensitive things. This project is still up on the list and I would like to complete it before GDC, but I don’t need to finish it before leaving, as ill have nearly 40 hours on the train that I’ll need to fill lol.

I’m beginning to rethink the environment cut-outs. They don’t look as good as I was picturing. If I remove the original environment art from the map it looks way too empty, and if I leave it the cut-outs make it appear too busy. I’ll leave the decision for later - it’s not important ATM, just on my mind.

Here’s a few shots of the new menu

character selection.gif